5 Reasons you shouldn't take the Atlantis Meal Plan and 1 Reason to be Hopeful for a New Alternative
The Atlantis is an AMAZING resort with the most incredible landscape and activities. If only it were all-inclusive! They do offer a meal plan, but it is not usually recommended because it has many limitations. Here are just a few...
1. Still have food expenses - gratuities are not included. Your bill will be calculated as if you are not on the meal plan and the mandatory 15% gratuity will be billed to you onsite. Ok, this cost is not completely hidden if you read the meal plan fine print, but it does often come as a surprise to people at the end of the trip.
2. Limited amounts of food and choices - think you are going to outsmart the meal plan and eat to your heart's content? Think again, the meal plan specifies what you can have in the fine dining restaurants, for example one entrée and one dessert per person.
3. Lacking flexibility - although there are different meal plans, not all restaurants are on them. Plus, you may just want to grab a quick bite at Dunkin or Starbucks without feeling guilty that you are going off the meal plan.
4. Everyone eats or no one does! Everyone in your party must purchase the meal plan and everyone must eat at the same restaurant, at the same time.
5. No free lunch! The meal plans currently offered do NOT include lunch. The current plans only include breakfast and dinner.
Don’t get me wrong, I am a huge fan of The Atlantis, just not the meal plan! And kuddos to The Atlantis for noticing that the Meal Plan doesn't really work and offering promotions like kids 12 and under eat free.
ow, on to the Reason to be Hopeful for a New Alternative…
ATLANTIS IS OFFEREING A LIMITED TIME ALL INCLUSIVE OPTION, INCLUDING ALCOHOL!
Not only does it include food but also resort fees, taxes and gratuities!
Before we get too excited, the all-inclusive option does have limitations, but it is definitely exciting to see Atlantis taking a step in this direction! They even have a special all-inclusive map outlining the restaurants and bars included! To request more information about The Atlantis All-Inclusive Option Click Here.
Hi! My name is Buffy and I am the owner of Sunlit Travel! I love to plan special occasions like HONEYMOONS! My favorite part is adding special touches to make the trip especially romantic or adding a fun surprise for the bride or groom!